"THEY USE FORCE TO MAKE YOU DO WHAT THE DECIDERS HAVE DECIDED YOU MUST DO" - Zack de la Rocha

"A robot must obey orders given it by qualified personnel," - Isaac Asimov

"It came to me then that every plan is a tiny prayer to father time." - "What Sarah Said," by Death Cab for Cutie

"Open up your murder eyes and see the ugly world that spat you out." - "Temple Grandin," Andrew Jackson Jihad

"Don't you want to lose the part of your brain that has opinions? To not even know what you are doing, or care about yourself or your species in the billions." - "That Black Bat Licorice" by Jack White



Friday, September 26, 2014

CHARACTER STUDY (I)

Professor #1:
Henry Freebourn sits in a chair, relaxed.  He never takes notes but still manages to pass all the tests.  I glare at him and the other slackers from beneath my spectacles as I stand in front of the class, lecturing.  I can't help but think how much I'd love to walk up to each of those little bitches and punch em in the face.  I want to feel their bones with my knuckles.  I want to hear Henry's glasses snap against his nose.  That would be so great. 

Professor #2:
Henry Freebourn sits in a chair, relaxed.  He never takes notes but still manages to pass all the tests.  That's pretty goddamn impressive.  In fact, he reminds me a lot of myself when I was a student.  If he had applied himself more, he could have gone so much farther.  But he's okay with his academic performance.  He's one of the students who has potential.

Me:
I just exist.  I work towards my degree.  I'm not sure what my major will be yet; I didn't have to declare a major when I applied to this place, so that was cool.  I am not as sickened by this place as I was by my high school.  Less fences. 

I just renewed my medical marijuana license last week and the local dispensary is actually pretty nice.  I buy a lot of THC pills these days, mostly because it's a lot more convenient than smoking when in public.  The pharmacy in town is not that bad either.  My new therapist is a lot better than my old one, and he put me on something that I can actually feel.  I can't remember if I took any this morning so I take two now and force myself to eat a protein bar and a banana and get moving.  I've got a class at twelve o'clock and it's only 11:25, so I have time to stop at the library and look for a book.  Time slips away from me and it's 11:55.  I can get there in ten minutes if I try really hard.  Still late.  Oh well, I better go I realize.  It's probably important.  So I do.

I sit in a chair, relaxed.  I listen to the lecture for ten minutes and absorb quite a bit of great information.  Then I space out and get lost in my thoughts.  I watch the clock for most of the class, but also take some notes to feel like I did something productive.  That's enough for today.  I check what time it is and listen to the professor lecture for a little while longer and before I know it the class has ended.  I'm going to go eat something.

No comments:

Post a Comment