"THEY USE FORCE TO MAKE YOU DO WHAT THE DECIDERS HAVE DECIDED YOU MUST DO" - Zack de la Rocha

"A robot must obey orders given it by qualified personnel," - Isaac Asimov

"It came to me then that every plan is a tiny prayer to father time." - "What Sarah Said," by Death Cab for Cutie

"Open up your murder eyes and see the ugly world that spat you out." - "Temple Grandin," Andrew Jackson Jihad

"Don't you want to lose the part of your brain that has opinions? To not even know what you are doing, or care about yourself or your species in the billions." - "That Black Bat Licorice" by Jack White



Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Why I have (always had) an authority problem

As I tried to leave Righetti's Campus by the front door today as I've been doing for 3 weeks, I was shouted at by the people working who said I could no longer exit there.  Sick of this kind of treatment, I confronted someone.  I was hoping to be treated like a human but I was treated like a child.
I asked why I couldn't go through and they said because it was disruptive.  Then I asked, since that was the case, why don't you unlock a gate in the 600 block for people who have to go that way?  As usual, they did not even try to answer my question but instead told me to go over to Hutton.  I did and the goddamm office was locked.  This school is a disgrace.  The people in these offices couldn't care less about us.
The worst part was the way this guy I talked to tried to humiliate me in front of 5 people.  As two guys exited the front, he yelled and went after them.  Turns out it was his son and a friend so naturally it's fine,  while I was still blocked from leaving.  I said "So it's okay when it's your kid?  All right, goodbye."  I tried to leave then and he called me back.  He asked if I was ok in a tone that sounded not like he cared about me, but like he was establishing his authority.  Then he called me out for my shaking hands, an issue that I have had and been insecure about for years.  Feeling like shit, I left the office and walked out the 100 block gate.  Then I walked back in the opposite direction to my car.
"A gate isn't worth getting worked up about," he told me.  I disagree.  It's not about the gate but the fact that I was harassed and treated like I was subhuman. 
I wanted to put this here because I have constantly been treated poorly by the people in Righetti's office and by security.  They have no respect, nor do they pretend to.  Dr. Preston seems to be one of the few teachers on campus who gives a shit about this kind of thing so I figured it would be fine to post it here.
I'm sick of the intimidation they employ by getting in your face, and I'm sick of the disgust I can see in their eyes every time they look at me.
I just want these condescending administrators and faculty to treat me like I am a fucking person.
It's the least they can do.
I have always hated authority because I have been in so many situations like this.  I guess that's just the type of person I am.  I will never be okay with people talking down to me like that.  If you are irritated about a school policy, speak up.  They want you to think you're insignificant and can do nothing to make a change, but that isn't true.  When they piss you off, let them know.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree wit you more about this topic, Henry. I think it's pretty lame of the staff to give you shit for trying to exit the school when you it should be such a simple thing to do. I like reading your posts though. Very entertaining. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete